South Food & Drink
Balux Café – The House Project
If you are in the south of Athens and you want to relax with your family, the unique all day fun concept of Balux Café - The House Project is the right place to be!
With its innovative decor, lounge corners inside and out, and excellent menu, Balux Cafe will satisfy the taste buds of everyone in the family. Balux Café, or House Project as it is also known, has been designed as a real house. The open spaces and rooms have their own character and are intended for a different use.
There is a library, a playroom with PlayStation, X-box, and lounge areas with comfy pillows where you can sit comfortably with your family for coffee, refreshments and food. Kids will love the TV corner or soft play area.
If you visit during summer or spring, you can combine your stay with playtime at the beach. The all day café next to the sea is ideal for drinks and food outside. Young kids will love the green garden with its fun park called Baluxaki. Here, they can play around in the playground while you watch them and enjoy a coffee at the picnic tables.
During the summer you can visit the beach of Balux (Asteras Glyfadas) and entertain yourselves at the water trampoline and other inflatable toys.
Balux often organizes special evenings such as sushi night or live music events. There are also exhibitions of innovative art work by new artists related to fashion, books, clothes and vintage furniture.
- Balux Café is great for a late breakfast because it serves waffles, bagels, muffins, omelettes and eggs and many fresh juices
- There is a kids menu
- The pizza menu is great for families, the pizza’s are made in a traditional wood oven
- Balux Restaurant also has a sushi menu
Families should know
- During the summer, avoid the weekends and peak hours from 13:00 to 17:00
- The playground has swings, see-saws and a soft play area for babies, the entrance is free
- For older children is a wooden playground with swings and a fun park with a bouncy castle, a lake with miniature boats, carousel, and train. These are paid activities
- There is valet parking available
- You can combine Balux with a visit to the Temple of Poseidon in Sounio by driving along the coastal road from Balux towards Sounio
- There is a tram station nearby at Esperidon Square and Kolimvitirio
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through Baby Traveller, our new partner in Athens
- Visit: all year