Rethymnon Food & Drink
Surrounded by magnificent natural landscape, Drimos Taverna is located next to Patsos village, just 18 km away from the town of Rethymno.
You won’t have any problems finding Drimos, especially if you follow the road that leads to St. Anthony’s Gorge and the Patsos Dam. The lush setting and the flavourful Cretan cuisine will delight both younger and older guests.
- If you are craving authentic Cretan food, before your visit you can order ‘pilafi’ – a traditional rice dish – with boiled meat. A truly delicious experience for the whole family
- Fried rabbit and dolmadakia – one of the best appetizers
- Do not forget to try the traditional antikristo lamb. It’s really delicious.
Families should know
- There is no changing mat in the toilet
- You might find that prices are a bit high, however the good quality of the food will make up for that
- The playground is surrounded by trees and there is some shade but it is still important that you have a hat and sunscreen handy for your children
- Before you go, call and check whether there are any social events hosted in the taverna. If there are it’s a good idea to postpone your trip as it usually gets quite crowded
- From Rethymnon follow the new road, Amariotiko street, located at the top of Adelianos Kambos. Pass Prasses village and the river dam and you will find yourself at Drimos in about 15 minutes
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece
- Farm animals
- Visit: all year