Rethymnon Food & Drink
Othonas Tavern, Rethymnno
Othonas, a taverna where you can experience THE perfect dining experience, is located in one of the most scenic spots of Rethymno next to the fountains and Minare.
Othonas combines a passion for creativity with love for the Cretan cuisine to create delicious dishes in an atmosphere of genuine warmth and hospitality.
- Pork chops with beer
- All the chicken dishes
- Ktima salad
- Saganaki (grilled cheese) with honey and fig sauce
Families should know
- Be prepared to wait for a table as it is a very popular spot for locals
- The taverna is located on a busy street. You have to constantly supervise your children due to cars and motorbikes
- There is no private parking. If you drive, you need to park either on the waterfront beneath the fortress of Fortezza or in one of the closest car parks and walk to the tavern.
- You might find it annoying that some of the neighbouring restaurants are quite aggressive in their attempts to attract customers. Therefore, you will appreciate the absence of such an attitude with Othonas…
- The taverna is located on the pedestrian street – Titou Petihaki – in the heart of the old town of Rethymno. It’s in the Vrisakia area, and you will spot it as you walk by the Square of Mikrasiaton and Minare
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece
- Easy access for strollers