Greek Cooking Class: Tzatziki, Santorini Tomato Fritters & Greek Orange Pie
Join us in our “Family Greek Cooking Class: Making Tzatziki , Ntomatokeftedes , and Portokalopita”, an online hands-on cooking experience, and learn how to cook three of the most Traditional Greek food recipes, namely, yogurt sauce, tomato fritters as well as orange pie. This is a 1 1/2 hour interactive cooking class, broadcasting live from Greece, led by a Greek chef, an expert in creating fun family cooking classes. All recipes are nut-free.
Why you should join?
We love making Family Memories in the Kitchen, that’s why we would like to bring all family members together in the kitchen and at the table.
By the end of the class, you will have two delicious foods that you can enjoy straight away for lunch or dinner that day, or the following one!
Duration: 1 1/2 hour via Zoom (it excludes the cake decoration)
Ideal age: 6-99 years old (adult supervision is required)
Cost: $30 per family as long as they use the same screen
– 1 hour 1/2 online interactive online cooking class
– A Greek cooking expert, broadcasting live from Athens
– The recipe cards
The ingredients you will need are basic and easy to find from your nearest grocery store. If you would like more info email us at [email protected]
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and grated
- 200gr (or 7 oz) strained, full-fat Greek Yoghurt – ideally Full Fat Fage Greek Yoghurt
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- Finely chopped mint or dill
- A tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- A dash of white wine vinegar
- A pinch of salt and pepper
Santorini Tomato fritters
- 500gr (or 17 oz) small vine or cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 2 scallions/spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley
- 2-3 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
- Optional chili sauce and feta cheese
Greek Orange Pie
- 500gr (or 17 oz) Phyllo dough (pastry)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 200gr (or 7oz) granulated sugar
- Zest of 2 Oranges
- 300gr (or 10.5 oz) Fresh Greek Yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 200ml (or 6.7oz) Sunflower Oil
- 200gr (or 7oz) sugar
- 1.5 cup Room Temperature Water
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
How do I receive the login information? Within 24 hours before the event, you will receive the Zoom instructions. PLEASE check your junk/ spam folder! If you purchase the event ticket last minute, you will receive the Zoom instructions ASAP. Email us at [email protected] if you have any issues.
Is there a minimum number of participants? For us to run this online class, we need at least 6 participants. You will be refunded the money if we do not reach that number.
What is the cancelation policy? We will fully refund your ticket as long as you cancel 24 hours in advance.
In my family, there is more than 1 child. Do I need to buy multiple tickets? No. Siblings do not need to purchase multiple tickets as long as they log in from the same device (share the same screen).
How can I contact the organizer with any questions? Email us at [email protected]
The date/ time is not good for me. Will you organize any other events? Yes! Email us at [email protected] with your preferred dates/ time and we will do our best to organize an online class at a convenient time.
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!