Sani Asterias Suites
Though Sani Beach Club is usually recommended as the family hotel within the Sani Resort complex, we suggest you pay a bit more and opt for the Sani Asterias Suites. The intimate setting of these suites is designed to make for an exquisite family stay.
With 57 superbly refurbished and spacious suites with luxury bathrooms, comfortable bedrooms and roomy living areas, Sani Asterias promises to impress. Accommodation ranges from Junior Suites, all the way up to 3 bedroom 3 bathroom suites with private pools.
What’s even more attractive about Sani Asterias is that most of the suites have direct access to a beautiful soft sand beach with shallow waters, perfect for kids. The rest of them overlook the impressive Sani Marina.
Your children will love playing on the sand and most importantly you don’t have to worry about them as the water is shallow and there are lifeguards on hand. For further relaxation, take advantage of “babewatch”…the babysitting service that the hotel offers on the beach with the first 30 minutes free of charge!
There are also many activities on offer. The Chelsea FCF Football Academy offers children (4yr-16yr) the opportunity to brush up on their football skills. If tennis is more their thing Sani has a brand new Rafa Nadal Tennis Centre Players of all ages and abilities can enjoy practising their technique. A treetop adventure park complete with zip wires and located in the forest behind Bousoulas beach launched this year and has been a hit for kids and parents alike. New for 2020 is the exciting Bear Grylls Survival Academy.
Children and adults alike will love learning new skills with the enjoyable activities available. For teenagers that appreciate the spa services, a junior spa menu is offered for all clients between 12 and 16 years old.
Your children will be fully entertained all day as the activities on offer are many and include face painting, outdoor theatre, swimming lessons, football matches, biking and- for extreme sports lovers- the Crazy Shark Water Sports hut will.
If you have babies in the family, the hotel has taken care of offering any equipment you might need – from sterilizers, strollers and cots to bibs and kids size bathrobes and slippers – while baby food and toiletries are available at the mini market in the Marina. Special healthy menus (from freshly baby purées to tasty food for older kids) have been designed by renowned children s Chef Annabel Karmel that promise to satisfy even the most discerning (or fussy) of young palates.
However, what makes this hotel really special is Kevin, the hotel manager, and his staff. They have the knack of anticipating what you want before you even ask, and are extremely helpful.
Families should know
- There is a pick-up service from Thessaloniki airport to the hotel. If you have a lot of luggage with you, you should inform the person that deals with your transfer, so that the car will have sufficient boot space. They can also arrange the appropriate car seats needed
- There are at least five different room types ideal for families. Depending on your budget choose the one that suits your case
- Look out for special offers e.g. first child stays free
- Though the ‘dine around’ half-board programme offers great variety, we recommend you book in advance as popular restaurants can be fully booked especially during high season
Kids will love
- The pancakes for breakfast at the Water Restaurant
- The bathrobes for toddlers
- The outdoor theatre
Parents will love
- Enjoying glass of wine at the marina whilst watching the sun go down
- Looking out at the sea in the morning
- The eggs Benedict for breakfast at the Water Restaurant
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!