Acropolis was the centre of Ancient Athens, dedicated to the goddess Athena – protector of Athens city. Book our Private family friendly Guided Tour and live an amazing experience to together with your kids.
The first monument you see as you pass the entrance is Dionysus theatre. This is also the place where tragedy and comedy were first born. On your way up, stop to stare at the view from the Odeon of Herodes. It is really stunning.
As you continue upwards, you will arrive at the Propylaea, which is the main entrance to Acropolis. Apart from the Parthenon, you will also see other temples such as Erehtheion, the temple of Athena of Victory, Vravronio and the sanctuary of Artemis. Spend some time admiring the Caryatids hosted at Erehtheion temple.
An interesting thing that few people know is that your ticket also includes a visit to other archaeological sites in the wider area such as the Ancient Market, Supreme Court, Olympion, Keramicos and the Roman market.
We recommend you devote some time the next day to visiting Olympion (the sanctuary of Olympios Deus), one of the biggest temples of ancient times, dedicated to the god Deus.
Don’t miss the chance to take your family visit to the Acropolis to a completely different level. Open a virtual window to history with the amazing 3D app for families!
Families should know
- Avoid visiting the Acropolis at noon, especially during the summer months as there is no shade and it is particularly hot
- You will need sun cream and hats for your children
- As the ticket includes other monuments and museums as well as the Acropolis, we recommend you devote two days to seeing the most important monuments included in the ticket – provided you have the time
- There is no space for parking. We suggest that you do not go by car as parking is particularly hard at the centre and public transport is convenient
- The place is not suitable for buggies and therefore not recommended for younger children
- There is no place with shade for your children to sit down and relax
- It is closed during bank holidays
Kids will love
- The adventure of climbing up from the entrance to the Propylaea
- The rocks at Acropolis; perfect for jumping over
Parents will love
- The view once you pass Propylaea
- The Odeon of Herodes
Best season to visit
General admission: 12€
Reduced ticket: 6€
Free entrance: children below 19 year old
Share on Social Media