Pelion Food & Drink
If you want to try something different to the typical Greek taverna then do visit this establishment in Portaria, Pelion.
The first thing you’ll notice is the décor. A cosy ambience is created with the stone and wood features, the fireplace, carpets and antiques which together give the feeling of a traditional local house.
Don’t expect to find the classic menu of a Greek taverna but we do guarantee that all the food is delicious and homemade. It is a family run business and the ingredients are all fresh and local. The chef experiments on gourmet tastes and the results will pleasantly surprise you.
The menu is varied and dishes include ‘gardoubaki gastras’ (a Greek traditional dish with intestines cooked in a clay pot with pear), fillet in truffle oil with rocket and roast potatoes, caramelized bird livers, and escargot filled with garlic butter and parsley.
Your children will enjoy the meat plates and the staff are particularly helpful and friendly where children are concerned.
- sweet and sour veal with fruit sauce
- flambé chicken in cognac and butter with roast potatoes
- pasta in truffle and parmesan sauce
Families should know
- You may have to walk a little to get there as it is located on a quieter side street and not on the main of Portaria
- Smoking is permitted inside the restaurant which is not so pleasant for our little fellows, especially when it gets busy
- Reservation is recommended, especially on Friday and Saturday when it is very busy
- There is no nearby parking so you will have to walk for 5-10 minutes
- A special delicious festive menu is on offer during Christmas and Easter
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece