The first thing you’ll notice is the décor. A cosy ambience is created with the stone and wood features, the fireplace, carpets and antiques which together give the feeling of a traditional local house.
Don’t expect to find the classic menu of a Greek taverna but we do guarantee that all the food is delicious and homemade. It is a family run business and the ingredients are all fresh and local. The chef experiments on gourmet tastes and the results will pleasantly surprise you.
The menu is varied and dishes include ‘gardoubaki gastras’ (a Greek traditional dish with intestines cooked in a clay pot with pear), fillet in truffle oil with rocket and roast potatoes, caramelized bird livers, and escargot filled with garlic butter and parsley.
Your children will enjoy the meat plates and the staff are particularly helpful and friendly where children are concerned.
- Tavern - Restaurant
Families should know
- You may have to walk a little to get there as it is located on a quieter side street and not on the main of Portaria
- Smoking is permitted inside the restaurant which is not so pleasant for our little fellows, especially when it gets busy
- Reservation is recommended, especially on Friday and Saturday when it is very busy
- There is no nearby parking so you will have to walk for 5-10 minutes
- A special delicious festive menu is on offer during Christmas and Easter
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!
The food is delicious and is based on local ingredients. We were pleasantly impressed with the chef’s warm welcome. This place in Pelion is not to be missed.
This is not the traditional taverna one would expect to find in Portaria but is an equally interesting choice. We loved the place and the friendly staff, but most importantly we really enjoyed the delicious food.