Pottery is deeply rooted in Cretan culture and tradition. Minoan pottery in particular shows how a peaceful, prosperous society can inspire one to transform clay into magnificent pieces of art.
The ‘Story on a Vase’ workshop aims at bringing you and your family closer to the fascinating art of clay. The various styles explored, such as the “Marine”, where the entire surface of a pot is covered with sea creatures, octopus, fish and dolphins, against a background of rocks, seaweed and sponges, will arouse your inspiration and fire your imagination.
Take a piece of raw clay and feel its three dimensional nature that urge you to think about various forms and shapes. Then sit on the potter’s wheel, put your creative hat on and create your own masterpiece.
Both you and your kids will be given the chance to bond while creatively working together as well as express yourselves in an artistic way.
Be an ancient potter for a day by creating a ceramic artifact through ‘A Story on a Vase’!
Families should know
- No prior experience or knowledge related to pottery is necessary
- Casual clothes are highly recommended
- The workshop is suitable for all ages
Kids will love
- Listening to fascinating myths and stories
- Sitting on a potter’s wheel
- Painting their creations
- Talking about their choice and whole experience
Parents will love
- Learning about the art of clay
- Creating their own masterpieces
- Working creatively with their kids
Best season to visit
Share on Social Media