Centre Food & Drink
Restaurant at the Acropolis Museum
Culinary delight and a breathtaking view in one of the best museums in Europe. Definitely the best dining option if you visit the Acropolis Museum.
If you’re looking for a bite after your stroll around the Acropolis Museum, definitely try out the Acropolis Museum’s restaurant. Situated on the top floor, the restaurant also functions as a cafe (during non-meal hours). It is only a minute’s walk from the Acropolis metro station.
Here you will find a variety of healthy traditional Greek dishes with a modern twist. We particularly love the presentation of the food … accompanied by the delicious taste of course.
Fresh local products from all over Greece guarantee excellent quality. Prices are reasonable given the quality offered, while there is also a kids’ menu which is conveniently priced.
The highlight of the restaurant is definitely its panoramic view of the Parthenon. Whether you’re having dinner at the indoor part of the restaurant, or enjoying your coffee and snacks on the outdoor terrace, you will be enjoying one of the best views of the Acropolis in town (especially at sunset!).
- tzatziki – for many it is the best in Greece (!)
- shrimps from Alexandroupoli with ouzo
- cherry tomatoes and red saffron
- trachanas from Arachova with mushrooms
- Greek prosciutto
- veal scaloppini with oregano, lime and sautéed seasonal veggies
Families should know
- The restaurant can be very busy over the summer and on Sundays, so you might have to wait a bit longer to get served or find a table
- Schools groups often have lunch there on weekdays, so it can get a bit noisy
- On Sundays, reservations at the Restaurant are not allowed
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece
- The Acropolis Museum restaurant on the second floor serves Traditional Greek Breakfast, every day until 12 noon.
- Every Friday, the Museum restaurant on the second floor is open until 12 midnight offering special gourmet choices and beautiful night views of the Acropolis. For Friday night reservations, please contact the restaurant during Museum opening hours on +30 210 9000915. Visitors not wishing to dine at the Restaurant are welcomed for a cold dish or dessert in a special restaurant area without reservation.
- For a quick, light meal, visitors can visit the Cafe located on the ground floor level and overlooks the archaeological excavation. Try the variety of salads and other snacks such as cookies from Thessaloniki with Cretan gruyere, the Traditional pie or the Soup of the day. The Cafe operates during Museum opening hours.
15 Dionysiou Areopagitou Street, Athens 11742, Greece